This article will guide you through the process of creating an email template. These templates can be specific to the campaign you are currently fundraising for, or, something more generic. It's up to you!
1. Navigate to “Campaigns” in the top menu bar and select the Campaign you wish to add a template for.
2. Next, select “Email Template” in the left-hand menu bar. Enter a title for your template.
3. Add a salutation in the body of your new template. In the toolbar, click the “Contact” button to insert the “Contact” token. This token will make sure that when your fundraiser sends an email to a contact, that contact’s name is automatically linked.
4. Next, add the body of your message. Include the donation page token. Click on the linked icon in the menu bar to insert the donation page token. ** It is very important that you insert the donation page token. This token directs potential donors to the assigned donation page upon sending. This donation link is tied to your campaign.
5. Finally, insert the “Username” token at the end of the email. This token will automatically insert your fundraisers name when she/he sends the email.
When you finish with your email template, click “Save”.
Login to your boodle fundraising account to preview and test the template. Select “Active Campaign” in the top navigation and then select “Campaign” on the right side of your screen as shown below.
Your email template will populate after selecting “insert.”
Send the message to yourself to make sure it looks the way you had planned.