You got a fever for predictions? The prescription is more contacts.
Summary: A prospect group is the group of people you're looking to gain insights into. Just drag or import your CSV into Guidon, map your CSV into Guidon, and upload.
1. To add a prospect group, go to my.boodle.ai and sign in to your account:
2. Once you're in, you'll land on the prospect tab:
3. In the top right corner, click the "New Prospect Group" button:
3. Drag and drop your file in the prospect group CSV or excel file, or click in the white space to upload your prospect group file from your computer:
4. Map the fields of your data set to make sure all of the data gets accounted for. If you have data with no field, map it as "metadata". When you mark a field as metadata, it will save the information from that column in your file as-is. Once completed, press continue:
5. Then press "next" to move to step 2, creating your prospect group:
6. Name your prospect group, and click "next" to review your dataset and prospect group name:
7. Last step! Review your work, and click "Enrich Prospects" and "Understood".
8. Once your prospect group is ready, you'll get an e-mail directing you to the app. The app will look like this:
And now you're ready to use your prospect group!
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks we use when we run into complications:
Formatting your file for best results:
If Guidon cannot read your file properly, it may make mistakes during record enrichment that can throw off your prediction results. Even machines make mistakes sometimes! Here are four basic rules to make sure your file is formatted in the most optimal way for Guidon:
Rule Number One: Ensure your file has these required fields:
These fields ensure the machine is able to find the right person during enrichment, so the required fields are very important to include in your file.
- Unique Identifier for each record (e.g. generated by your CRM)
- First name and Last name (you can split these up into two columns, or have one column with full name)
and at least one (ideally both) of the following:
- Email address(es)
- Physical Address (home/mailing)
- Phone number
- Social handles (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube)
Rule Number Two: Ensure any cells containing an individual's name contains only ONE name.
Rule Number Three: Ensure any cells containing an individual's address contains only ONE address.
Rule Number Four: Ensure any cells containing an individual's email or phone number contains only ONE email or phone number.
You know the drill. If any email addresses or phone numbers are listed out in the same cell, Guidon cannot read them. Make sure you separate these into their own columns before you upload them!
How to properly map your file once it is uploaded into Guidon
Rule number one: Try your best to map everything you can, especially identity data points.
Rule number two: Ensure you map the correct identity columns to the correct identity fields.
If you're having problems uploading your files:
- Install LibreOffice: open files using LibreOffice, save as Text CSV and re-try the upload to Guidon.
- Ensure your CSV file has no empty rows. You can do this by:
- Highlight the first blank row in the series you wish to delete
- Press Ctrl + shift + down arrow to highlight all of the rows below
- Right-click and press Delete
- Press Ctrl + s in order to save the document
Check the file for any abnormal column headings, special characters (like an apostrophe), etc.
- If you are still having difficulty or have questions, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn How to Use the Prospect Dashboard and Prospect Group Insights or How to Create Predictions Using an Instant Guidon.